Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

King Bowman (now with Matt Till action)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    King Bowman's recordings now feature me playing bass. The recording process was a little weird. The production is a tad weird, which you will notice. My playing isn't anything phenomenal and all leadesque parts were improvised and I didn't get a chance to rethink. Well, Wizard's Fury Trapped in hate has a bass solo esque part... esque... it sucks. And there is a part where my volume is totally off... blah, anyhoo...

Alright, we are working on getting the demo out there, and we are doing it for free! We are working on the artwork. But if the "artists" don't get there izas in gear, I'll have to send it out sans art. There are a few people I have in mind (the doom/stoner TB crew). But if you want a copy, let me know. I'll probably be able to get out 10 copies or so with the artwork, maybe just a CD-R in a case for the rest... not sure how this is working out, but I'm getting pretty antsy about it, this demo has taken forever... and it's not even phenomenal sounding... and it doesn't have art yet!! The main problem I think is the guitarists tonal choice... smiley face from the sounds of it. Therefore, I dominate the mix sometimes. :smug: But the drums are looooooud.

So give a listen, let me know what you think... I'll hook up when I can hook up.

2. If it ain't any trouble and if there's some left , I'd like one. Your band sounds great, reminds me alot of St.Vitus .

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That's the reason I joined this band.. it's got an old school doom vibe, I think it's the clean vocals that give it that vibe. Which is Ironic because now he's starting to get back to his screaming roots, but I'm trying to convince him to do the Opeth thing and combine the two. You and Smash are on the hookup list fo sho.

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I'll take a burned copy if you please.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Suggesting we actually get artwork (I'm guessing real soon) I'll hook you up with a copy with art.... here's my list I was thinking of:

Smash: I owe him from a long time ago
    Nick Mann
    Page
    Abark
    Pau Pau the ****ing panda (That's your myspace name... what's your TB Name again? jeez)

And I feel I'm forgetting someone... eh, if you're someone... or even if you are not, let me know and I'll hook it up.

Smash PMed me his address and I'm hanging on to it, I'll PM you guys when I get the CD so I can get your addys as well.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    This rule Matt. Good stuff. I agree, the clean vocals have to stay, at least in part. Tell him so random guy on the intardweb think so. Hey, I'm someone!

7. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    that's nuts! I'd love one if it isn't any trouble

8. I love what you do, man. This is some great stuff, i think i'll go read the Stoner Rock thread to get more suggestions of bands like this.

9. You should try to get stonerrock.com to carry your stuff. I'm pretty sure they have unsigned bands on there.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Man, that's an awesome idea!! I'll do that tonight! I wonder how they feel about our "free music philosophy"? Would we have to charge to make our stuff available in a store.

Blisshead
    Twistad
    fenderx55@yahoo

added to the h00kup list. ;)

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    excellent.

12. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Paul can rename the BG Recordings Forum as the Matt Till Forum, as far as I'm concerned.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Frankly, I think Matt Till is overexposed and overrated!

14. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Damn Matt, this is truly some good stuff you've got going on here... and sorry, but the bass breaks are tasty as well. :D

If you've got any left, I'd absolutely dig a copy. I also friended both the King Bowman and your personal MySpace page, because I'm a whore like that. ;)

15. Phe

Phe

May 30, 2005
    Oulu, Finland
    Dude, my TB username is Pau Pau the Great Phe-niz!

Me be happily waiting for the demo. With or without art. Yei.

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Phe! That's what it was. Beans.

scarred2112, I'll try to hook you up with an artwork version. This all depends on how many my band produces. But I'm pretty sure I can get one to everyone thus far.

P.S. What's your myspace username. (I am friends with a bunch of bassists that I know are from TB, but I don't know what their username is)

17. Well I'm on the other side of the world, but I'd love to hear some of your stuff! If you put it up on purevolume or something like that, let us know! (please not myspace, 'cause I'm on dial up and it doesn't let you pre-buffer)

-Bernard.

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Hey Bushfire:

Thanks for the interest... I don't know if you know this, but our songs are available for download. Not every band does this but... well, we are giving it away for free in CD form... why not digital form. Under the song titles is a link for Download... this should work.

P.S. I don't know if you noticed, but Phe lives in Finland and I promised him a copy a month or two ago... international isn't a big deal. But it is first come first serve. Not sure how much I'll be sending out.

Jeez, I should have waited a while... something tells me the guitarist who's doing the artwork won't be done for a while :( He keeps saying, "Don't worry, just give out copies of the demo without art." It seems lame to me, our TRUE fans, the ones we think of right away to send the demo out to would be getting ripped off. The people who are like, "It's free? Meh, well... if it's free I'll take it... listen to it... use it as a coaster..." would be getting rewarded with artwork.

19. I very much like it. If you have an extra copy ( I dont care about the art work) I would love to have one. Also if you guys plan on touring and want a show in omaha,ne let me now and I will get you set up.

20. Well, if you do have a spare copy, send one my way, I'd love to hear it!