Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

King Diamond - Live in NYC!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 43% burnt, Apr 19, 2005.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Tonight...I can't wait!! Supposedly this is his last tour. I guess you can only be the king of metal for so long. He's amazing live, great stage show, incredible musicians. Definitely a not to be missed show if you like metal. Andy LaRoque is a phenominal guitar player. Anyone else into him? Seen him live?

:bassist:

2. I have never seen him. I am a big fan of Andy LaRoque's however, especially the work he did with Death!

3. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    I've seen King Diamond, and Mercyful Fate in Dallas. He does put on a terrific show! I can only take so much of his particular style, but the man has talent! Have fun at the show!

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I saw King Diamond back in '84 at Blondies in Detroit. His band was good but when he sang, I just laughed my @ss off. Megadeth was supposed to come on after but the show got closed down by the authorities.

We saw Megadeth a few days later in Clevelend, & talked (& smoked stuff) with Dave Mustaine and Dave Ellefson after the show. I got tons of autographed stuff from them. That was cool.

5. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    Neat! I'd like to see him sometime, I don't recall noting if he's coming through Chicago or not though...

It's interesting coming across this thread, as I recently picked up several of the older albums at the used cd store that I lost long ago. I love that stuff. Although AbigalII didn't really do the original much justice :(

G-G-G-Grandma! stuck in my head now...

Troll

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    It's a WICKED set, let me tell ya, I just caught them on Friday, with Green Day saturday, and Black Label Society on Sunday. Anyhoo, it rocks man, you're going to LOVE the show.

Ray

7. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    :D...can't wait. I'll post a review of the show tomorrow.

8. I will be seeing him this weekend at New England Metal and Hardcore Fest!

9. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    The show was awesome. This was the second time I have seen King Diamond. Apparently he cancelled a show the night before due to problems with his throat. So I was a little worried he might not show up. I missed Behemoth and Black Dahlia Murder. I got there as Nile was going on. I'd never seen them before, but i always wondered how they would pull off their stuff live. They sounded insane. The drummer was effortlessly playing all those crazy blast beats with pure precision. Anyway, they were great. Then King Diamond came on...they were Amazing as always. His voice sounded a little shaky during the first song, but after he got warmed up he sounded perfect. They did a nice mixture of songs from all the albums. Andy Laroque was so on it was rediculous. His solos were note-for note perfect. Not to mention the other guitarist was shredding. He took alot of leads i figured Laroque would be playing. They got a new drummer, don't know who he is but he was no slouch either. He played all the songs perfectly.

Highlights of the night: the king stabbing a baby doll in the face with a knife. Hot chick on stage for a bunch of songs. G-G-Grandma coming out on stage in a wheelchair.

10. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Diamond is an awesome vocalist, very different from the bunch. The lyrics can be a bit crappy sometimes tho=P