1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

King, Epiphone, Hofner Upright Basses for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Steve Azola, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Steve Azola

Steve Azola Azola Basses

Jan 23, 2002
    San Diego, CA
    www.azola.com
    King upright bass probably from the '40s (the King dating website is a little vague), light brown sunburst, lightly figured wood, original decals intact, big neck with Rosewood board, pretty evenly worn but all original, loud, deep sound. $1400.

Epiphone upright B-5 top of the line bass from the '40s/early '50s, yellow/dark brown sunburst, figured wood, very small neck with Rosewood board, some edge damage but nothing too bad, older very nicely done heel repair, generally a very nice playing, good looking bass, with an even, articulate sound, not too loud though, $1800.

Hofner upright bass, about 30 years old, only 1 owner. Amber finish with beautifully figured back and sides. No significant damage or repairs, nice size figured neck and Ebony board, plays well. This bass has a lot of soul, and looks older (in a good way) than it is. Even sounding, not too loud, $2400.

Laminated basses are my hobby, so from time to time I find I just have too many. These 3 laminated basses are fully set up, and will have new strings, buyers choice (within reason). I can also provide gig bags, and pickups of your choice for additional $. I have much experience with packing and shipping double basses, and it usually costs about $200-$250 in the U.S.

Photos available upon request. Call or email with any questions.

Thanks,
    Steve Azola
    Steve@azola.com
    760-789-8581

2. mpm

mpm

May 10, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Hi Steve,
    I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the King if you could. I'm coming down that way soon to go to Mitch's so maybe....

3. Steve Azola

Steve Azola Azola Basses

Jan 23, 2002
    San Diego, CA
    www.azola.com
    The King bass has been sold. I still have the Epi, Hofner, and a couple of Kays
    Thanks,
    Steve

4. kools.rm

kools.rm

Apr 7, 2003
    MILWAUKEE
    Hi Steve,
    I missed out on the King, but would love to see pictures of the Epi.
    Also, I'd love to hear about the Kays.
    Cheers,
    Jon

5. Steve Azola

Steve Azola Azola Basses

Jan 23, 2002
    San Diego, CA
    www.azola.com
    Here are some photos of the Epiphone and the Hofner basses.
    Steve

6. Steve Azola

Steve Azola Azola Basses

Jan 23, 2002
    San Diego, CA
    www.azola.com