King of Carvins!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wilbyman, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    This is the nicest and I think most expensive Carvin I've ever seen. Does this ring the buzzer as one of the pricier ones out there?

It's the BB on the in-stock page... could get a used Roscoe or Smith for this much cheddar, but why not lay claim to the most expensive Carvin 5 in existence? If they called it a Carvin Emporer Elite II, they would probably sell it right quick!

If I was Ed Friedland, I'd be on the phone hollering at them to send it to me. :mad:

LOL, anyway back to practicing. However bored you are right now, my wife is more bored BTW.

2. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    That looks really sharp. I don't care too much for the BB body style but that looks like some nice wood there.
  3. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    A buddy of mine bought a six string last year from the Carvin folks for 1300 but that BB tops even that! Nice looking though. I will stick with my humble B4....
  4. mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    The in-stock bass in the first post has been the subject of several threads on the Carvin BBS. It is a beautiful bass.

But I think IronSpatula's BB76KPF is about my favorite Carvin.

At the risk of looking like I'm blatantly copying his bass, I intend to get one almost identical to it. Mine will have five strings instead of six and black hardware instead of gold. And I'll probably get two H50N pickups instead of the J99/HB6 combo he has. I seriously doubt I'll get a flamed neck like that. That's just something that you get by luck, not something you can order as an option.
  5. mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    I don't have a full-frontal pic of that bass handy or I'd post it. It's a fretless with a blank ebony 'board.
  6. WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I just ordered a B70 with flame koa top, matching headstock and black hardware. I can't wait! With the special deals Carvin is offering right now I managed to get in for just under $1,000. :hyper:
  7. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    That is one BEAUTY of a Carvin, Wilbyman. Most definately tempts me for another. Unfortunately, it's sad that Carvin can't be trusted for QC and customer service anymore.
    Here's a parting shot of my ol' Bunny taken earlier this year-

I installed a Bart harness and for a(long)while, she seemed to be the perfect bass.
  8. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I actuyally dont like that one... :scowl: But hey, Does Bart make humbuckers for a 6 string....does anyone?
  9. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    You mean MM-size humbuckers for a 6? Not many. There's a German company, Delano, that does. I don't know of any US distribution though. I'm going to have a custom pair of Barts made for my next bass, but I'm going to get to wait more than a few months for the privilege. :(
  10. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Meh, Always gotta wait for good things! My Carvin LB76 should be in in a few weeks (1-2) Seeing as I'm not that good and don't gig excessively and my ear kind of sux (yes I know, I'm everything that makes a cruddy bassist but I'm working on it) I won't need to replace the electronics for a long time! I was just curious.