Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"King of Tone" by Analogman

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by James Hart, Aug 14, 2004.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Anyone ever try one for bass? I'm on the waiting list and I cannot wait to give it a spin. On paper it's going to suit me perfect... *light* OD, clean boost and true bypass all in one pedal. My guitarist uses a couple boxes from them and I know the ones he has are pretty sweet for bass.... I'm hoping this one is too

[​IMG]
    AnalogMan's "King of Tone"

I hopped on the Bi-CompROSSor waiting list too. I've been emailing with AnalogMike and he says they are sooo busy, it'll be at least 3 months.
    [​IMG]

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I spoke with Mike a few months ago about the KOT.
    Here's what he said:
    Actually, I should be near the top of the list by now. I'll drop him him a line for an update.

re the bi-comprossor. I found it couldn't cope too well with an active 5 string bass signal. It seemed to be really squishing the signal even at lower settings

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    I only spent 15 minutes or so on the bicomp... I'll have to borrow it for a night and give it a go.

Thanks for the info

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    no problem. I know guitarists love the bi-comp, and bassists using it with passive basses have had no issues.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    my guitarist uses an Alembic with active electronics... I wonder if you can specify input level @ order or if it's adjustable.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    King of Tone is a bold statement. ;)

Never tried one....

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    from what I've heard from the boxes I've heard and read about the stuff they build... I've no issues with the statement
    :smug: