1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"King of Tone" by Analogman

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by James Hart, Aug 14, 2004.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Anyone ever try one for bass? I'm on the waiting list and I cannot wait to give it a spin. On paper it's going to suit me perfect... *light* OD, clean boost and true bypass all in one pedal. My guitarist uses a couple boxes from them and I know the ones he has are pretty sweet for bass.... I'm hoping this one is too

kot04.
    AnalogMan's "King of Tone"

I hopped on the Bi-CompROSSor waiting list too. I've been emailing with AnalogMike and he says they are sooo busy, it'll be at least 3 months.
    bicomp2003a.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I spoke with Mike a few months ago about the KOT.
    Here's what he said:
    Actually, I should be near the top of the list by now. I'll drop him him a line for an update.

re the bi-comprossor. I found it couldn't cope too well with an active 5 string bass signal. It seemed to be really squishing the signal even at lower settings

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    I only spent 15 minutes or so on the bicomp... I'll have to borrow it for a night and give it a go.

Thanks for the info

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    no problem. I know guitarists love the bi-comp, and bassists using it with passive basses have had no issues.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    my guitarist uses an Alembic with active electronics... I wonder if you can specify input level @ order or if it's adjustable.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    King of Tone is a bold statement. ;)

Never tried one....

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    from what I've heard from the boxes I've heard and read about the stuff they build... I've no issues with the statement
    :smug: