Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kings of Leon, "Aha Shake Heartbreak"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dave Siff, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Anyone else digging this CD? It's a very fun listen with great tunes, and it's a definite bass player's album. The bass is way up front in the mix, and when he's not carrying the melody or playing the main riff, he's lurking in the background with cool fills. For an 18-year-old kid, he plays way beyond his years. It's like a perfect mix of youthful exuberance and mature restraint. This is by far my favorite album of the year so far, and I think anyone who's into good 'ol rock-and-roll would enjoy it. There's an article on the bass player in the new BP. I'd love to see them live, but it's a pricey ticket.. either Bonnaroo, or the U2 tour.

2. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    The album gets a thumbs-up from me too! I just wish that the track 'Milk' was longer - it builds some brilliant tension throughout but fades out just when you want it to go up a gear!

Me and my friends have been following them since well before their first album. Try to find a copy of their first EP - quite a different sound back then (slicker production and a clearer vocal style).

They switched to a lo-fi recorded sound on their first album and have stuck with it - no idea why.

Got to see them live about a week before their first album was released (a crowd of about 1-200 people). They were great live! They stuck around for the club night that followed in that venue and came across as pretty down-to-earth.