1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kings of Leon-The Immortals bass effect?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hoobadoobler, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Hoobadoobler

Hoobadoobler

Sep 22, 2013
    Does anybody know of the effect that Kings of Leon bassist Jared Followill is using on the song "The Immortals"? I'm not entirely sure he is using an effect at all, but it certainly does not sound like the bass is clean.

2. DethByDoom

DethByDoom

Sep 23, 2012
    Houston,Tx
    http://youtu.be/15Mtd9u05Yw
    There's a start. They chopped out the part where they go through his pedals. gui****s.

My guess would be that its reverb. He uses a lot of reverb.

3. reddi

reddi

Jan 7, 2010
    What reverb does he use?

4. DethByDoom

DethByDoom

Sep 23, 2012
    Houston,Tx
    I think he uses Boss RV5s. The digital reverb. I think he has one on the floor plus one in his rack. Probably uses some of the reverbs in the ME50 too.

5. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    I don't know how old that video is, but I can tell you when I saw them live in Oklahoma City, he was playing one of the new Mesa tube heads and a Mesa 8x10. Don't know about the pedals though. Killer tone all night long on every song.

6. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    When they played in the uk a couple of weeks ago, he was using audio kitchen heads and 810 fridges. The bass sound was the best thing about kol imo