Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kings of Leon

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MCT, Feb 3, 2006.

1. MCT

MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    Jared Followill is kicking ass. Definately a guy to look out for. His lines have a lot of flash. I dig it.

2. point of this thread? Anyway I love Kings of Leon

3. MCT

MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    I'm just throwing the name out there you know? I'm trying to get the guy some street cred. Besides I can't be the only one that thinks he's a good bassist? :smug:

4. Flash?

Flash?

i mean, he's pretty good, and the music is pretty cool, but i've never heard any flash from anybody in that band :)

5. Yeah, I'd say his bass lines have "personality" or "pizazz".
    They're not difficult to play, but they leave you thinking, "Dang, I wish I'd thought of that."

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    ...there was a KoL CD stuck in the car we rented the whole week of NAMM, so we got to hear them thoroughly. Pretty solid basslines.

7. tomthedude

tomthedude

Jun 8, 2004
    Scotland!
    I agree he's a good bassist, the tone is really cool, whatever he uses to put his SG bass through the sound goes right through everything and its kind of like a modern macca with more interesting lines.

I thoroughly enjoyed both albums.

Tom

8. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    The thing that puts me off Kings of leon is the arrangement of hair and ears.

9. I would agree, he does some good basslines, i learned the line for "So nights, so long" cuz it sounds fun to play along with the song. it wasnt difficult at all but it fits the song good. im definitly diggin aha shake heartbreak (new album) and he is definitly a bass player that knows what he is doing.