1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

King's X last night in NYC. anyone go?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by excane, Apr 12, 2006.

1. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I haven't seen King's X in a few years, it was nice to see them again especially at a nice place like BB King's blues club.

Anyone else go?
    What did you think of the show? I personally thought they were awesome and on top of their game.

Doug P. was getting pissed early on in the show that a fan or air conditioner was making him cold. Later on, he stopped in the middle of a song to complain again which I thought was pretty funny. Overall, a great performance by one of the best bands around.

2. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Killer band. I'll sure be seeing them when the come through my area this time.

3. If only they could come to France :(

4. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I'm sure they'll get across the pond sooner or later.

5. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    You lucky devil! I remember King's X from wayyyyy back, when they had just started travelling away from Houston to play. I got to see them in some little club in S. Texas, and was *floored*. I'd just about give eye teeth to see them, now.

Cherie :)

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    My favorite band in the whole world.....(well...at least since that Beatles thing broke up)

7. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I saw them many times back in the late '80s - early '90s... good to see they're still alive and kicking live! I'm long overdue to see them again.

8. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I saw them two years ago with Fishbone!! It was an amazing show. Doug P was jaw-dropping I hope they come through here again I will go in a heartbeat.

9. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Yeah, I've always been impressed with watching Doug live. He never missed a note the other night, and his tone was just massive (as always)

Looks like he was using the same rack of equipment I saw him with 3 years ago, same ampeg cabs, same haircut :D

10. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I forgot I took a few crappy pics with my phone. I wish I had my digital camera, I was right up front with so many good photo opportunities.

Attached Files:

11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Great band, I saw them a couple months ago at the infamous alrosa in columbus, and will be going back to catch them there a second time at the alrosa on may 13th. I'm making sgt. cheezewiz come along this time!

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Cheeze would have gone last time had he not had a gig that night!
    I can't wait!

13. Short tour. They usually play everywhere!