Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

King's X Valentines Day show

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Feb 10, 2003.

1. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Is anyone else going to show this Friday in Farmingdale, on Long Island? Or did anyone go the the show at BB King's club last night? Just curious.

Robert

2. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    my band opened for them the other night in va. great show, massive bass sound, well worth it. doug's got the longest arms on any man in the world, they're like my bloody legs! one nifty bass he was playing most of the show: lake placid blue yamaha les paul body, single p pup, huge sound. i want his backline!

their guitar tech is cool as hell, our guitarists amp shorted out about 10 seconds into our set, he was up there like a ninja w/ flashlight in his mouth, had it going in about 10 seconds flat. great guys all of them. hope you enjoy the show.

3. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I am jealous that you got to open for them. Very cool.

:cool:

Robert

4. I saw them at B.B. King's last night. Doug had practically no voice left but he still went out there and put on a great show. They were simply incredible and B.B. King's is a great place to see a show!