Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kingston 5er is finally here!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lackey, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    ...and its sweet!!! Black w/maple fretboard,,, low action,,, thin neck and superb playability!! Sound-wise it has a better B string than anything I've played except for an MTD 535,, but its pretty much equal with that too!! It's got somewhat of a passive MM vibe going,, with more clarity and snap thanks to the 35" scale and the maple neck.

This is my first 5,, but it almost seems natural thanks to the easy playability. I got this bass for WAAY under $500,, its better than most basses I've ever played!! And I don't even mind the pickguard!!!!

ok,, I'm off to play it more!!!

2. Arent we forgetting something?

3. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    Gotta love it...mine's the same color/neck combo, except I have a Bada** Bass V and chrome knobs on mine - new pickguard soon to follow. IMHO, arguably the best bass at any price.

4. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    It has a pearloid pickguard too,, I wasn't expecting that. Overall,, quality seems to be the #1 thing,, neck finish is super smooth, tuners are extremely precise, finish is even, and even the knobs turn very smooth and tight!

I've heard one or two people on this board complain of not getting enough high end from the pickup,, NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME!!! Deep, even and clear, allowing the new strings to resonate with fury. Playability is second to none,, as I've mentioned.

And as far as pics seapickle,, c'mon man its just a Kingston!! hehe a cheap korean made bass who cares about pics!! (actually our computers digital photo processing isn't working right now, sorry!)

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    And where, might I ask, did you acquire said Kingston?

brad cook