1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kingston/Tiesco bass wiring

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by b-dubbs, Mar 29, 2015.

1. b-dubbs

b-dubbs

Mar 29, 2015
    none
    I was given an old 3 pickup(single coils),2 slider switches,2out put jacks,and 1 pot,bass guitar.The wiring is an absolute mess.I don't know where to start on this project? I have soldered and installed pots and pickups before,but the 2 sliders and 1 pot and 2input jacks have me wondering if this was customized before. I would appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks!

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    You probably should have posted this in the pickups & electronics subforum, in any case... A few pictures of the bass and especially the controls and wiring would help a lot.
    Sounds like it, but I'm not familar with these basses. Perhaps the third pickup was added on and just goes to its own output jack? I owned a Teisco guitar a long time ago, the two slider switches just turned the pickups off and on, then it had the standard volume/tone setup.

3. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Two slide switches, one pot and two jacks?

Yeah, that's been modded.

Crater's right.