Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kingston!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Arch Giddle, Dec 20, 2002.

1. I went along to Music Live this year and thoguht I'd take the opportunity to play a few Kingstons seen as they are held in such high esteem around here.

I was so impressed I went back the following day and bought one. Now I have a great bass!

Who else loves their MTD Kingston?

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm one of the leading Kingston whores on the board, and I never miss a chance to plug these babies. I dropped a Bart preamp into mine, and it's one HELL of a bass. (It's also a 5, so it's going on the auction block in a few weeks)

3. Berten

Berten

Jun 6, 2002
    Belgium
    I love those kingstons too, but I am waiting for a 6stringer. I hope that mike tobias will make one!!

4. I have an Heir 5 and I like it. Plays great.

5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Very nice looking bass. Congrats on the Kingston.

All these new basses are giving me GAS ;)

Dan

6. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    nice looking bass--love the pickguard--having never played one, i'd be interested in hearing what is it you guys like about these basses? compare and contrast w/ p-bass, j-bass or other common basses. thanks! (ps--i'm familiar w/ p's + j's, 4 and 5 string rumblefishes, czech 4 dean's and short scale gretsch)

7. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Love my Heir 5, but prefer it with out the pick guard. Actually that's the first positive word I have heard about the pick guards.

Keeps the world a sane place....

8. I own a kingston 5 and it has a great sound. But the tone of these basses is only part of it, it is one of the most comfortable basses i have ever played, and will regularly get picked up ahead of my fender US precision because its lighter and nicer to hold. Add to that the meaty sound of that humbucker and what more do you need for the money.:)

9. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    go www.musiciansfriend.com
    They're on sale (MF's not going to carry them anymore) for $399
    I got my lefty for only $299!!!!

good luck

10. I just sold my mint condition, pearl white Kingston 4 banger on eBay. I first had it listed here on TB for $280, not one person was interested.....It was a ok bass, but not that great, IMO. The neck and the overall construction was nice though. I didn't really care for the Zero fret thing. Also I didn't like the shape of the body and tone wise it was super limited ...I keep hearing how people really dig these basses, but then go on about how they want to or have installed a new pup plus a pre-amp..Then they want to sell want to sell the thing:confused:

Fetch![​IMG]