KISS Unplugged Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wellshuxley, Feb 8, 2009.

1. wellshuxley

wellshuxley

Apr 16, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    I play with a young country duo that tends to have issues booking rehearsals in advance, so we're often stuck with the abnormally late slots when no one else is around.

After practice one night, we were hanging out with some of the rehearsal space employees watching YouTube videos and shooting the ****. One of the guys put on that video of Pearl Jam's "Yellow Ledbetter" where someone added subtitles with his or her interpretation of the lyrics. Being a huge PJ fan back in middle school, I got nostalgic and picked up the nearest bass and started playing along. It was an acoustic bass, but it actually played well and sounded decent! I made a remark about how surprised I was to play a quality acoustic bass to which he replied, "Oh yeah, Gene Simmons played that on Kiss Unplugged." I took that as a cue to put the bass down. Here's a pic (it's the black Kramer in the middle). I'm not a huge Kiss fan, but I still thought it was pretty cool!

Attached Files:

2. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Central Florida
    Kramer Ferrington

3. I've been wondering that too! thanks!

4. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    As in, he played that exact bass, or that model?

If it was that exact bass, you touched history my friend.

5. MattMcCue

MattMcCue

Jul 14, 2008
    Yuck.

That's almost as bad as those Stratacoustic Guitars.

6. ScottG

ScottG

Feb 2, 2006
    Memphis, TN
    I used to have one just like that back in the day. Great bass unplugged but it was a feedback machine when amped. I wound up selling it, and as always, now wish I still had it.:rollno:

7. wellshuxley

wellshuxley

Apr 16, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    It was the exact bass. I felt pretty dumb farting out Pearl Jam riffs on it. I guess KISS rehearse there whenever they were in town. The Temptations were there a couple weeks ago!

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Lucky! :spit:

9. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

09-Aug-95
    KISS perform w/o makeup with the original members for the first time since their Unmasked era (1980), to record Unplugged:

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021