Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kiwi Kid - Funk Demo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Correlli, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    File is now deleted. Email for more info.

2. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Hi mate

Nice little groove. My only comment would be to try and keep the second after the popped note silent, sometimes it sounds a tad messy in the section which I guess you want to sound like a silent section, if you get what I mean. Otherwise I like tho lo-fi charm of it. Good greasy funk. Sounds like a Jazz bass to me?

Cheers

3. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Thanks Chris h!

I will admit the quality isn't great, which is deliberate. There's another 20 demo sessions of the sort of thing - all recorded live and rushed to get it on disk. I'm waiting to hear back, to see if they want to continue on with the project. Also, I was using Fender P Bass. Cheers

4. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    The Pizzacato song sounds like you're playing Billy Sheehan's bass. Crazy.

Cool Groove for "Funk Demo".

-Eric.

5. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Just a good old Fender P Bass. I've owned many instruments over the years, Ibanez and Yamaha (Billy Sheehan and TRB Models), but I am absolutely settled on the Fender P Bass. I hope to modify it soon to get a cleaner studio tone. I also do truely believe that alot of a bass guitar's tone comes from the hands and fingers. I used stainless steel strings on the Pizzicato recording as well.

Thanks Eric!