1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

KJung Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by r379, Feb 18, 2008.

1. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I don't know if this has done before and I sure don't want to embarrass KJung, but as far as I'm concerned this man has contributed more to my knowledge about matching Amps to Cabs than anyone. And I mean no disrespect to anyone else, either.

KJung seems to have the ability to describe the tonal characteristics of Bass Amplification components and he shares that with us on a regular basis. He gives us his experience and if it's his opinion, he so states. JMO, here.

KJung has been more than patient with my numerous PMs about gear and I am thankful for his presence on this forum.

Anyone else?

2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Agreed~ I really value his input!

3. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    +1

4. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I'm in - Ken should be roommates with Tom Bowlus.

5. figuredbass

figuredbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2007
    NYC vicinity
    +2 Thanks Ken, and we love ya!

6. I agree good job... Great Ear!!! :bassist:

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Ken and Tom are actually good friends! I have seen some hilarious exchanges between the two. It's funny, that both guys have VERY good ears for gear, and they disagree (good naturedly), on EVERYTHING (almost). Perhaps one of my favorite exchanges came at Tom's house at one of the Bass Borgs. I don't even remember what the topic was, but Tom gave a long detailed explanation of something, and there was a short silence, to which Ken replied, "Duh".

8. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    +1 more

9. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I hope that Ken is involved with Tom's new bass gear magazine.

10. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Yay Ken!

11. Add me to the list.
    My very first posting here on TB was in the amp forum concerning a few cab options I was thinking about at that time.
    And the first one who answered was....tata... Ken.
    And, needless to say, his comments provided great (!) info.
    zzfeyd.

12. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    KJung along with few other honorable TBers walk the path of "informed opinion" which is the path I like to walk myself. Respect is due.

13. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Not only does he know his stuff and is very giving of his time to share his knowledge, but even when people are disrespectful, he always maintains his composure.

Hats off to Ken!

14. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    +1 to all posts..

15. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    Ken hated his sadowsky modern. But his description of why he disliked it so much sounded like reasons to love it to me. We were both right. You don't even have to agree with him to benefit from his posts. :p

Seriously, it's the accuracy and the context that Ken conveys that makes his opinions so useful.

16. I have no idea I'd do without Ken!

17. Ken's objective reviews and accurate descriptions fuel my GAS way too much!!! :)

You would have a difficult time finding a nicer fellow than Ken. On a personal note... he went way out of his way to cheer me through some very difficult times. I am proud to call him friend and brother.

18. tripb19

tripb19 Camel - Camel

Jun 18, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Has helped me via PM along the way!

Thanks Ken!!! :D

19. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    yeah, big +1 all round! Thanks for the advice Ken, PM and just all your great posts!

20. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    +1000

Ken's a great guy. Loaned me his Schroeder 1212L to check out, later sold it to me at a great price. Recommended the Trace V-Type to me after hearing JoshB's as a great amp for the tone I was going for. I bought one sight unseen/unheard.

I can barely describe low mids from hi mids, I just know what I like. It's great to have someone like Ken around who can put this stuff into words that even I can understand.