Klaatu - John Woloschuk

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Rob W, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Hey, I just picked up a GREAT blast from the past LP - the first Klaatu record from 1976.

I'd only ever heard "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft" before, but the rest of the albums is outstanding! A little weird, but one of the best produced albums I've heard in a long time (I think Terry Brown produced much of it).

Klaatu was a trio of Toronto studio players who put out a bunch of albums with no credits. Some people even thought they were the Beatles goofing around.

Anyway, some of the bass playing on this recording is really fantastic and is so well recorded. John Woloschuk was the bass player (and songwriter for much of it).

Anyone else know this stuff, or any of the other records they made?
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups

They've had quite a few albums after that one, Hope and Sir Army Suit being the most popular. Their albums are still available on CD. Some people liked their other albums, but I really only liked the first one. They get more away from that Beatle-y sound.
  3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I just got a recording of this album and I'm listening right now. I haven't heard this since I was like 12 years old when I used to love it. Wow, the recording is fantastic and the songwriting is delightful! Great record, I've never heard any of their other stuff.