Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Klaus Schulze

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mans0n, Aug 15, 2002.

1. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    anyone here listen to (or even know of?) Klaus Schulze? if so what are your favorite albums by him? how long have you been a fan of him...... just another random question.... he seems quite obscure wondering if anyone on TB had heard/been a fan of him

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hm, I wouldn't say he's obscure, at least for the older guys (meaning older than me, who were teens or adults in the 70s) who have/had an interest in synthesizer music. Tangerine Dreams is still a household name in electronic music circles and a huge influence. I think they were/are successful enough not to be an insider thing.

I never used to listen to them, but I knew the name of course (I'm German). Lately with my interest in computer recording I've gotten more into music like that, but I wouldn't call myself a fan (yet?).

3. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    i found him in 2000 .. and was hooked instantly. to me he is obscure. the few people i know who do know of tangerine dream had no idea it was him, and the 'pop culture' sure hasnt heard of him... i wish more people did he is an astounding musician and to me i see his music at the epitomy of 'art' in music, his songs are like different paintings... and he has soooo many different moods (paintings)created over the past 30 years ..

*eats a saltine cracker*

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Well if you posted this on a keyboard forum, you'd get tons of replies.
    The man practically invented electronic music.

5. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    talkklaus.com would be better

6. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    im stuck with the bassists though! agg ;-)