Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

KLIPSCH, L'ACOUSTICS, CELESTION SPECS?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by luknfur, Mar 4, 2004.

1. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Okay ampheads - a potential stumper. I have a pair of each of the aformentioned speakers that I don't have stats for and have spent my time surfing.

The Celestions I know are S15-250 Sidewinders. Also a Celestion G-15 I need spec ons. I've never found a site for old 15" Celestion stuff.

I'll have to pop the lid on ShpeakenShtien (my 6x15 cab lab) for the ID's on the Klipsch and L'Acoustics. Those of you who have access to such info will know whether you have a shot at it or not and I've got stuff pile all over that cab and really don't want to dink with moving it unless necessary. So let me know if there's a chance.

I do know the Klispch where made for them by Eminence cause they have a 67 speaker code. So that would likely affect tracking. I want to say K43s. They're supposed to be musical instrument speakers and I'm guessing the few such speakers Klispch puts out, they appeal to Eminence for. I've only seen one other set of Klispch musical speakers and they were in cabs with horns on ebay.

The L'Acoustics reportedly came out of a DSOT (DOST, jesus! whatever) system and I believe it cause they's some serious puppies. And the Klipsch reportedly out of their verson (Lascalla - whatever) of the DSOT (whatever) system.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Okay, I did it anyway. I really would like this info. I needed to move that junk anyway but I gaurantee I'll be digging in that drawer in the next 24 hours.

The Celestion G15-150 (150 watts output no doubt). Type T3959

The Klispch is a K-1543 (So I'm guessing 15 inch 43s) followed by 15315 4 ohm. The Emi date code is 67-8909 61, if that helps in tracking. I found a Klipsch identified simply as a K43 on one site with the following stats: 500 watt continuous, SPL 99, F36.

The L'Acoustics are HP PH 151 (or 1S1, can't tell). 001127/02990/00054. Reportedly these puppies are about $750 a pop. But maybe that's French dollars - which would be about $7.50 American.

Any info on these would be cool.

3. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    The Klipsch, if they came out of LaScala cabinets, are for horn loading.....not that they won't do anything else, but...

The LaScala were really pretty nice....two of those and an old "Flame Linear" (Phase Linear) 400 were about all you needed in the 70's. Even for an outdoor gig. Efficient as heck.

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE

Well, that's some progress. The ones I saw on Ebay were supposedly used in concert for some old rock band. I want to say Black Sabbath, but it's been about a year since they were listed so I really don't remember. But it was definitely outdoor gigging.

Thanks