1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Klipsch Surround Sound system

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by TheBrad, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    (2) SF-2 towers (http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=25)

(2) SS-1 (http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=31) 8ohm@100watts

(1) SC-1 (http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=29) 8ohm@100watts

(1) KSW-12 (http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=55)

(1) Yamaha receiver, RX V800 - 120 volts/60Hz, 260 Watts

There may be more speakers, I'm not really sure. I have to go check storage. I inherited these and don't really have a use for them, I kinda have an idea of what fair market value for these would be so try me. They have their original boxes and foam casing (except for the smaller ones (SS/SC and the receiver). They are all black and in excellent cosmetic condition.

I would rather not ship them, if it comes to shipping you will have to cover the expenses. Keep in mind some of these are rather heavy.

2. Klipsch products are very good, I own some of there speakers and I sell them all the time at work. The SF-2's and the sub is nice, they are older but if they are in good working order they will last for years. If you would like TheBrad, you can PM or e-mail me the model numbers of the items and I can get you fair market value on them. Shipping thought might be a pain even if you have all of the org. packing and boxes though.

Just a though...

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I'm interested. Just not sure on prices as well. i would also lke to know what other speakers you might have.

4. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I have that exact sub. I typically keep mine set about half-way, and it will still shake the room. Very clean sound, no mud.

Klipsch makes good quality gear. The Synergy line was discontinued when they started selling gear at Best Buy.

5. I work at Best Buy, we are the only carriers of the Synergy line that I am aware of, its are most popular series of any of the speakers that we sell. Get a set of F-2/3's and with the 650 watt sub, and just for stereo sound, those speakers will blow you away!

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hey Best Buy guy. What's better...the towers offered here or my JBL Northridge 8 inch bookshelf. Also...just how many watts is this sub putting out...it says 105 then 400 something. My MTX 12 inch has 100 watts and seems to do the trick.

7. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    New speakers have been added.

Currently working on getting photos of the speakers and the right pricing.

All interested parties, I appreciate your patience!!

8. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN

Well, you are now. Previously, the Synergy line was carried at real audio stores, but they were forced to liquidate their stock under the agreement between Klipsch and BB. That's how I got my home theater setup, exactly one weeks before BB started carrying it and at 1/2 the price. Yeah me!

I thought they had changed the name, but I must have been mistaken. Maybe they just changed the grills. Either way, it is a great speaker for the money.

Free bump!

9. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Pictures.
    Please keep in mind these have been in climate controlled storage for like a year, so please excuse the dust. :p

SS-1
    ss1front.
    ss1back.

SC-1
    sc1front.
    sc1back.

SF-2
    sf2grill.
    sf2front.
    sf2back.

KSW-12
    12front.
    12back.
    12botom.

Yamaha RX V800
    yamfront.
    yamback.

Also, while snapping pictures of the one SF-2 I openned up to examine, two of the teeth for the grill... (the piece that attaches the grill to the tower) were broken off. I am guessing this happened when they were moved to my house? It still fits on flush just fine. It has three on each side and the top and bottom were broken off the left side. So the middle left and all three on the right still lock. It's good, don't worry about that. I'm just disclosing that information. That is the only flaw I have found thus far.

P.S. PM sent to Bigoo7e

10. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    PM sent.

11. Rum, that sub I believe puts out 400watts max power! It is a down firing ported sub. we used to carry it and it works great and sound fantastic. The bookshelf speakers you have are good but those floor speakers will be better sounding, when hooked up to the same receiver. More speaker area and more air inside the enclosure for the speakers to move. Bookshelf speaker are great for stereo sound or can even be suitable for rear channel speakers in a pinch, but overall they will not sound as good as a floor style speaker in a surround sound setup.

TheBrad I PMed you back and the speaker grill thing is no problem, you just have to get the broken piece out of there if it is stuck!

Well speakers have high markup on them, I being a Best Buy employee can get Klipsch speakers "for personal use" delivered to my door direct from the company for less than what I can buy them for in the store, which is 5% above cost. No shipping, and no taxes coming out of Hope, Ark. via UPS they get here in record time being that I am within driving distance of the factory... with 3 day shipping, it gets here in 2 days or less. :spit:

I know, I know, I know... I suck but I still can't give you my discount, so don't even ask! :D

Peace,

12. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    Well, good for you Bigoo7e. I guess you win. You get the best deal.

But if you don't mind my asking, what does that have to do with what this thread is about, i.e. a surround sound system that TheBrad has for sale?

13. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Okay, I think I have come to a final price?

$1250 for everything seen on this page, plus all the cables (ooh monster cables. :p haha.) Plus shipping.

$1000 for all the speakers, plus shipping.

$350 for the receiver, plus shipping.

If these prices make your nose bleed, let me know and maybe we can work something out. Thanks again.

14. If you would read my last post, the quote and then my response then maybe you would get a better idea... you know how guys are, trying to find the best deal. I just wanted to let him know that he got an awesome deal but I can get a better one, thats all... do you understand now? ;)

:confused: Why didn't you post up guy n. cognito for his comment and ask him what it his post had to do with this as well... GOSH, gee golly! :meh:

Peace,

15. How much would you be willing to do just the sub by itself for (plus shipping)?

16. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    I'd rather keep it all together, but I'll keep you posted if no one is interested in buying it together.

17. That works, Ill check back.

18. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Alright people, good news- I found all the manuals this afternoon when I was cleaning out my desk and putting stuff into boxes.

Price drop... <marv albert voice>from downtown!</marv>
    999 plus shipping for everything. I'd really like to get this out of my house before it sells, help me out. Please.

19. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Last bump...

$850 for everything, plus shipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.