1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Klira Twen Star F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by emblymouse, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Here's a nice Klira Twen Star 356. These were made just down the road from the Hofner factory in Germany in the mid 60's. They are every bit the same quality as Hofners, some would argue they are better. Spruce top, flamed maple back and maple sides. Thin laquer finish shows lots of checking but hardly any wear. It is missing the pick guard and the Klira nameplate on the headstock.

Unlike the 500/1 Hofner, it is a true hollowbody and so has a different sound. The neck pickup is especially hot, and this bass has a bigger sound overall. The neck is fuller feeling too. If all the Beatle basses out there feel like toys in your hands this may be more to your liking. It is 30" scale.

I had my guy go over this bass, it is ready to go. The frets were levelled and dressed, fingerboard conditioned and the electronics cleaned. The switch is touchy, we chose not to replace it and to leave it original. New Ken Smith Nickel Rounds sound good to me. I bought a nice brand new form fit case for it too.

These are truly unique basses. You can find them on eBay from time to time but they usually need some help. I've taken the gamble and expense out of the equasion for you here.

$535 shipped conus

beatlebasses008.
    beatlebasses001.
    beatlebasses006.
    beatlebasses010.
    beatlebasses011.
    beatlebasses005.

2. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser