1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Klira Twen Star mid 60's Vintage Closet Queen

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by emblymouse, Jan 31, 2018.

1. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Price:
    $995.00
    Strings:
    Klira Twen Star Electric Bass in exceptional condition with I believe is the original HSC. ****I've been told this may be a Vox case. Same period and condition as the bass. I've never seen one with it's case and so have lowered the price a bit*****
    I've owned a few and this is the best example I have ever come across. This had been sitting in it's case aging gracefully since Lady Bird was in the White House. Faust Music in Milwaukee was a major importer and is still there!

It is a true hollowbody with a spruce top. Natural checking only along the grain lines on the top, the rest of the lacquer finish is near perfect. There are 2 symmetrical indention marks on the maple back near the bottom, likely recent from a stand (see photos). A strap button was added at the heel otherwise 100% original including the PICKGUARD!

No visible playwear, newer flats put on and set up, it plays like a dream. No neck adjustment has been needed in the 2 years I've owned it which is amazing. Klira shared local wood supplies with Hofner which was just down the road. They used their own pickups though and these basses really sound lively and are much preferred by those who own one. Electrics clean and quiet, no issues whatsoever. I have gigged it a few times and it's totally up to it.

Please view photos carefully and compare to anything out there. This beauty will sell and you will not find another one like it in this condition! Questions cheerfully responded to!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Rickbee007, oranje and ExaltBass like this.
  2. Wonderful basses with more tonal range than Hofners.

oranje likes this.
  3. nate56

nate56

Aug 1, 2011
    i cant believe i missed this

4. Nate56:

I sent you a private message.