Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Klitschko vs. Lewis

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JMX, Jun 20, 2003.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets:

Klitschko wins, but then I have to say that. :D

Lewis is too heavy anyway. :p

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Lewis will win, no doubt about it!

3. I say Klitschko wins

4. *shrugs* Sorry...I don't watch Golf.

:oops:

5. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    :D

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Well, who ever is less French...

7. Lewis is gonna get him drunk, and then mug him. :D

Mike

8. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Klitschko is a native Russian, so that won't work :D

9. Lewis is gonna knock him out, easily.

10. HAHA:D

Who ever is more Irish :cool:

:oops:

11. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Interesting fight so far.... it´s the sixth round and Klitschko has a slight point advantage but he has a huge cut above his left eye. They both look like they have been fighting 15 rounds, very, very tired men.

I´m on my toes here........

12. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Oh my......

The fight was just stopped because of Klitschkos huge cut so Lennox gets the victory. Lennox almost had him at the end of the round but still a bit unfair. I would have liked to see this fight to the end.

Lennox looked tired and slow, far from the man I saw fighting the last time.

But damn his cut is HUGE!

There will most definately be a rematch!

Edit: Well, Klitschko had the upperhand in the first two and a half rounds, then Lennox finally started putting in some punches. In the end Lennox was more likely to have won anyway. But I would like to see a rematch.
    The judges seem to have had Klitschko ahead on the scorecards, but Lennox would have taken it.

13. Jiles

Jiles Banned

Nov 28, 2001
    I liked Lewis back in the 80s. And not to mention Huey had a great backing band in The News.

14. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    lewis' assertion that he would have won in a couple of more rounds was just silly. he's been dismissing the klitchko brothers for years saying theyre not worthy of fighting him. imo both brothers have a good shot of beating him. who has lewis ever really beat? a hasbeen tyson, holyfield on his decline and a bunch of so called contenders while ducking the klitchkos and byrd. vitali has been the number 1 contender for years and had to file a lawsuit just to get his title shot. what happened to the days when a small guy like holyfield would take on any and all fighters?

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    After listening to the interview with Lewis afterwards, I dislike him even more than I did before. What a pompus and arrogant arse!

16. Wow, Lewis sure looked rusty in there. His big punches were missing by miles. I still would have backed him to knock him out when it was stopped, but he could definitely do with getting in much better shape if he's going to give Klitschko a rematch. He obviously didn't take Klitschko seriously enough when he was preparing, which is pretty stupid considering what happened to him two years ago against Rahman.

17. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well, I have learned to ignore fighters comments after the fights. I have yet to hear/see a fighter who isn´t full of himself after a victory! This sport is of course part showmanship/entertainment so they think they have to act all tough and cool after a fight.

Still, Lennox Lewis is the best fighter today in his weight class. On a good day he is simply unstoppable, I have seen many fights with him in that form. Last night he was far from that form. If there is a rematch, I think Lewis will definately take that one more seriously and he will without a doubt be in much better shape then!

18. Lewis so outclasses the rest of the pack in his division. It must be hard for him to get motivated to train to fight the loser pugs he's had to face. His losses were due to lack of motivation and training not skill.
    He's good but he's yet to be tested really. He fought Tyson on the downside of his carrer, Holyfield was an oldman. Bruno? Please.
    I wonder how he'd do against the stars of the 70's i.e. Ken Norton, Smokin Joe, Ali, The young Foreman, Even Holmes.
    There was certainly more talent in those days in the ranks.
    Of course it's Not Lewis' fault there's no serious competition.
    A young Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis NOW that'd be a fun fight to see!
    Maybe Roy Jones will take him on, though he's not a true heavyweight.
    Peace

19. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    if that cut would have happened from a clean punch it would be different, but it was from thumb/laces. so what if lennox has beat everyone theyve put in front of him if theyre chumps.

evander was always fighting guys that outweighed him and was beating them. people didnt have to file a lawsuit against him to get a title shot either. giving up a title also rather than defending it(against chris byrd) doesnt exactly add to his legacy.

lennox is obviously better than most heavyweights right now but, avoiding what would be the most competitive fights like roy jones does is bad for the sport. lets see the rematch when BOTH fighters have more than 2 weeks to prepare for eachother.

20. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    the best thing about this era was that everyone fought eachother. and if you lost, you just did it again.