Klos carbon fiber 5 strings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TonyP-, Feb 8, 2024.

1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Hello Folks,

Just a heads up, I’m working with Klos in the final developments of the 5 string.

The necks are very slick with an extremely comfortable profile.

These basses you will be able to play all night with no issue.

2024 is going to be a fun year.

five7, MrAB4003, songwriter21 and 3 others like this.
  2. What bridge spacing will these necks prefer? I'm hoping for a 6 string neck with 19mm bridges. Ryan

3. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Hi Ryan, these will be 18mm 5 strings.

five7, 5StringPocket and Snert like this.
  4. 18mm is workable. Thank you for working with them towards that! If they start making 6 string necks I will buy a dozen or so. Ryan

TonyP- likes this.
  5. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Hey Ryan.
    There is potential for other products in the future and lots of ideas have been discussed.
    This is entirely possible.

thebandcircle likes this.
  6. Snert

Snert

Oct 3, 2021
    I'd buy one or two, depending on the dimensions. And maybe a 5.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
    thebandcircle likes this.
  7. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    Cool, that’s what I play. Assuming the pickups are okay and the setup is good, could replacing the original neck with a carbon fiber one fix dead notes and a weak G string?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
    TonyP- likes this.
  8. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Not a brand I was aware of until now. Very interesting.

TonyP- likes this.
  9. MrAB4003

MrAB4003 Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2023
    Orange County, CA
    Awesome! The Apollo 4 string basses got such positive reviews on YouTube last year. The only problem is that I haven’t seen any in music stores to try out (yet).

TonyP- likes this.
  10. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Well they are going to be offering a few different pickup choices.
    Nordstrand will be one of them for sure and I will be going with a Nordstrand Multi coils and preamp.
    There is one other player that has input on this and that my buddy Rodney Mcv and His will have EMG. (I can only assume they will be available, the EMG folks are very cool).
    However for fact Nordstrand will be one.

11. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    I’m not sure what the distribution is like for them.
    I will say, if you not sure what they are like then try Mike Lull M5, it will be very comparable.

12. MrAB4003

MrAB4003 Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2023
    Orange County, CA
    Those are hard to find too. I have never seen a Mike Lull in person - only on YouTube and here on TB.

TonyP- likes this.
  13. Any idea if the necks will be available separately?

TonyP- likes this.
  14. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    No idea, but it has come up in conversation.