1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

kluson banjo style tuner

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by KatCreek Guitars, Apr 30, 2010.

1. KatCreek Guitars

KatCreek Guitars Commercial User

Jan 11, 2009
    Los Alamos, NM
    Owner, KatCreek Guitars
    I'm trying to find the Kluson banjo style tuners used on the Gibson 1953 model or something similar. Does anyone know where I can get these??? Thanks.

2. What has lead my putting a zombie head on this 3-years-old unanswered thread raised from the dead?

I want to turn my Hamer Slammer into an 8 (or 12) string Jammer! Enough yammer, any banjo-tuners for my sonic hammer?

Something from that Steinberger guy, Ned? Nothing vintage Gibson, I don't have that kind of bread. Any suggestions for getting this project out of the shed so I can stop rhyming before someone shoots me in the head?

:bag:

3. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    Try Stewart-MacDonald. They have lots of vintage repro parts.

4. F-Clef-Jef

F-Clef-Jef

Nov 13, 2006
    Neenah, WI
  5. Awesome! Thanks Ewo & F-Clef-Jef. :hyper:

I had tried All Parts and couldn't find anything but feeble small banjo tuners, forgot to try Stew Mac.

I just checked the string guages on Hagstrom's webpage for the HB-8 and they are good to go – the Steinberger tuner's maximum string guage is .060.

Hagstrom's 8-string guages:

1st-G **.040
    2nd-G (Octave) *.015

3rd-D *.055
    4th-D (Octave) *.025

5th-A *.070
    6th-A (Octave) *.040

7th-E *.095
    8th-E (Octave) *.055

Gotta go start practicing Tom Petersson riffs.

Cheers,
    FF
    :bassist:

6. Hey

Resurrecting this post.

Was wondering if any knew of a banjo tuner made anywhere that would be heavy duty enough for bass?

Stew Mac makes some cool ones, but they are not big enough to handle the bass strings.

Kind of like the vintage Gibsons - I think they are cool and would like to find a set of four.

Thanks,

BassHappy
    www.innertainment.net