Knightfall 66 and Mini 66 Overdrives Released by Cog Effects

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jun 8, 2016.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Cog Effects have released two new bass overdrives: The Knightfall 66 and the Mini 66

The larger Knightfall 66 has two Gain knobs that can be switched using the A/B footswitch for two different overdrive/distortion settings, as well as a Level knob for each Gain knob to make balancing levels simple and easy. The Voice knob adjusts the amount of low end fed into the clipping circuit, and the Tone knob cuts treble after the clipping circuit. The combination of the two Gain knobs, plus Voice and Tone gives a simple yet extremely flexible overdrive.

In addition to this, the clean channel on the Knightfall 66 is filtered to blend with the overdrive channel in a more natural sounding way - no more "side-by-side" dry/wet blending, just full-bodied massive tones. The Knightfall 66 can also be run at 18v for more headroom and increased dynamic feel.
    The Mini 66 is into the 1590A enclosure just like the T-16 Octave and Tarkin Fuzz but retains most of the features of the larger Knightfall 66. The second channel is omitted, and the Voice and Tone knobs are replaced by the Fat and Cut switches. Both switches have three different settings, giving a wide range of easily repeatable settings.

Each Knightfall 66 and Mini 66 is built one at a time and features true bypass switching, engraved aluminium enclosure and no PCB-mounted jacks - designed and engineered for a life on the road.
    Features:
    * Flexible control sets and pedalboard-friendly designs
    * CNC-engraved Hammond 1590A and 1590BB Aluminium Enclosures
    * True Bypass Switching
    * 9 volt standard DC input on the Mini 66
    * 9-18 volt standard DC input on the Knightfall 66
    The Mini 66 retails at £130, the Knightfall 66 retails at £160 and all Cog Effects pedals are built in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

For more information please visit www.cogeffects.co.uk

Attached Files:

2. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    Sounds great !!

3. I like the 66 but it lags when you activate the stages. Why?

4. SonnyBassPlayer

SonnyBassPlayer

Nov 29, 2013
    Italy
    Thanks to this post I ended up buying it and showcasing it!
    User made demo with no frills:

SickAura likes this.
  5. SickAura

SickAura Let There Be Rock Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Toronto-ish
    I know this is a bit of zombie resurrection....but I have to say...great demo!

Much better than the ones above it IMO

Makes me want to try this pedal out. Are you still using it?

SonnyBassPlayer likes this.
  6. SonnyBassPlayer

SonnyBassPlayer

Nov 29, 2013
    Italy
    Thank you very very much! I never got it off my board since the day I first took it to rehersal. it's still the culprit of my sounds for my band Dune Rosse.
    This is our demo on Spotify to hear it in a mix. I boost my P bass (which has Rotos-77 50-110 flats) with a Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop into an Ashdown ABM500 and a GK Cx210 cabinet.

jwindham likes this.
  7. TrentB

TrentB

Aug 10, 2010
    Orange County, Ca
    I’m going to resurrect this thread because I just received my Knightfall 66 that I’d been waiting on for a few months. In the past I had the mini 66 but always had issues with getting the tone I wanted at unity gain. This pedal fixed all those issues.
    For this weekends gig I ditched my DG VMT and my MBD -1 and just used the 66 for medium and high gain. I swear the medium gain sounds like a slightly pushed tube amp just at the point of break up. And the higher gain channel sounds perfect for what I’m going for. No scooped DG sounds, just brutal distortion with no low end loss. Love, love this pedal!