1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Knilling Thinline Upright Jazz Bass FS

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by tsarter, Dec 27, 2004.

1. tsarter

tsarter

May 14, 2003
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Not using this as much as I used to. Great bass though! Basically it is a full sized upright with a thinner body. It is designed to eliminate feedback issues normally associated with amplifying upright basses. It is also much easier to haul around, and its thin profile is a real plus on crowded stages. The soundmen I worked with when using it all loved it - great tone with no feedback! One was particularly thrilled that there were few problems with wind whipping through the body on a windy day on an outdoor stage. Decent acoustic tone too, though obviously not as loud as a full sized upright. I will include either a K & K bass max pickup, or a Fishman system - your choice. Ebony board and top notch construction all around. This is finely crafted, German made, instrument that sells for around $3000 new. I'm asking $1500/B.O, Mine in near mint condition. Includes a high quality, heavily padded gig bag. Here's a link showing a picture of my bass:
    http://www.shplack.com/tsarter/knilling.jpg

Drop me a line with any questions. Feel free to call me at (707) 328-9600 too.

- Tim