1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

knives in my fingertips

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by RonChase, Sep 16, 2008.

1. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    :help:I have been playing way over 30 years now I have an underlying arthritic condition but as of late I been standing in with bands on top of my usual bunch.In 1 month time frame I have gigs with 5 bands of different styles.I play every night. I been getting out of the blue a hot stabbing feeling in my finger tips very painful,just last week I pawed threw the gig favoring my ring finger(this digit was reatached in 02) any body have any therapy or do I need to go back to a dr I already go to pain mgmt and take celebrex tylenol3 and oxycodone so I need to hear from bassists not anything lessHELP!!!:crying::help::bassist::rollno::confused:

2. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    In the past I have had times where I get quick sharpe pains in my fingertips. It always went away but at times could happen for a few days. This may not be the same thing you are experiencing but mine almost seemed like it could have been a metal fragment from the strings. When I would play a note I would have to take my finger off the string right away due to the pain. Not sure if I was of any help.

Wally