Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Knob source??

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by mark beem, Sep 21, 2004.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I'm positive I've seen this topic on the site before, but can't for the life of me find it under any combination of search key words...

Rubber / rubberized knobs as found on Cirrus, MTD, and other basses; is there anywhere to get them online? I've checked Warmoth, All Parts, StewMac, Bass Parts, Guitar Parts USA, Custom Shop Parts, etc. all to no avail.. Does anyone know where I can buy these?

:confused:

2. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    Dan Lakin at Lakland was kind enough to sell me a set.
    You may want to give him a shout.

3. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I'll try that.. Thanks Bob!!!

4. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    The least I could do. I have a comfy set of Lakland knobs adorning the Conklin Custom 7 I got from you.

I like them because they're comfortable, it's easy to see your settings and to me they detract from the beauty of the top wood less than the gold metal knobs do.

5. Go to www.ehcknobs.com and check out the 3000 series under 'instrument' section. You may also find some that you like under the 'consumer' section with pointer knobs, dial knobs, or audio knobs.

6. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    There's also a seller on ebay called maverickknobs that have quite a range. They're a brick and mortar music store somewhere, but I forget what they're called.

7. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I believe that the knobs Lakland and MTD use come from a company caleed Selco in Orange, CA. Do a search, and they have an online catalog.
    Hope this helps...
    JC

8. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    The Re'an soft-touch knobs I've seen are smaller and have a rounder top. The larger lakland knobs do appear to come from Selco. A certain well-known guitar parts supplier has these knobs on order and will have them in stock in a few weeks.

9. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hmmmm....

I wonder who that supplier could be?!?!?!?

;) :D

10. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    [​IMG]

[mysterious voice]

You didn't see me... I wasn't here.

[/mysterious voice]

11. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Abbott and Costello meet The Killer: Boris Karloff... Right???

PM coming

12. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    Actually I was going for (Col.?) Flagg from MASH.

"I'm like the wind." [crash through the window]

13. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Rubberized concentric knobs would be excellent. I could use a set for my Fishman VTB.