Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Knobs faling of my BTB..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Suckbird, May 6, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    What's up with this?
    I've owned this bass for a few months and suddenly the knobs started to work slower and feel untight, and after i while they didn't work so i took one of them off, now the other knobs are falling off too..

knobs are cheap to replace but i paid 1000$(swe) for this bass and this makes it feel cheap..

2. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Are they the knobs with the little allen wrench screws in the side? It should be easy to fix if they are.

3. All basses require maintenance. This includes tightening screws from time to time.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Allen screws on the side of the knobs. Put 'em back on and tighten up. Happens to any bass. Really.

5. - If they are the knobs with little screws on the side, like everyone else has said, tighten them.

- If they have no screws, but the pot has a split shaft, gently & carefully widen the split slightly (using a large flat-head screw driver or something).

- If the have no screws & the pots have solid shafts... er... get some new knobs that do have screws ?? :D