knobs into switches

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dadodetres, Mar 14, 2005.

1. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004

i realized that i only use the knobs on my jazz at max or min, so i was thinking that i can change them for max/min switches, so i can use then live easily.

the problem is that my jazz is a 77 jazz, and i dont want to ruin it (the vintage value, etc). if i change them and keeop the original parts, can i change them back in the future so i dont ruin anythiing?

also, wew can i shop for these parts?
  2. I did this on my Hohner B2A.
    it had a 2 X vol arrangement, which I replaced with mini toggle switches (DPDT 3pos full on bypass/off/500k preset).

these fitted in the pot holes, with an extra nut preventing movement.

I also did the same on my Yamaha RBX270F, which had a vol/pan config.

you could do the same fitting toggle switches to your jazz control plate, or rotary switches to keep the look, or get a new control plate and try pretty much anything.

then you could return it to the original setup without loss of value.
  3. You could yank the existing wiring harness (disconnect the pickups from the pots, either remove the pots or replace the entire control plate with jack) then add a 3 position switch- (neck, bridge, both) and a master volume and master tone. It wouldn't be adding new holes, completely reversable- you're only un-doing 4 solder joints... Doesn't sound like much of a bad idea.