Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Knobs with abalone inlay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eli M., Oct 7, 2004.

1. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I'm looking to replace the knobs on my bass. It's an American Deluxe Jazz which has stacked bass and treble knobs. The problem is, I'm looking for black knobs with abalone inlays, and I can't seem to find any for stacked knobs (or rather, the small knob that goes on top). Does anyone know where I can find these?

Also, if these don't exist, does anyone have any suggestions about other types of knobs I can try? I'm considering plain chrome or black knobs, which I had no problem finding. The bass is alder with a crimson finish, rosewood fingerboard (abalone dots) and tortoise shell pickguard. Any ideas?

2. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Chris Benavente made me a killer set of stacked knobs with abalone for my 219B. You might want to check with Roger at http://www.thgknobs.com/ , I'm not sure if he works with abalone but his work is top notch - he made me a set of cocobolo and figured maple knobs to match the pickup covers on my Benvente Vortex.

Benavente:
    [​IMG]

THG Knobs on Vortex:
    [​IMG]

3. Eli M.

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I thought about wodden knobs, and I had looked at the THG site. Although, since my bass has a color finish I don't know what I would do - rosewood to match the fingerboard? Or maybe ebony?

4. [​IMG]these are black(ebony) with abalone inlays...Roger@thgknobs can surely make them stacked.
    I want these for my geddy Lee(sorry for hijack)

5. Eli M.

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    They didn't have the right kind of abalone inlay on a concentric knob. I'll probably just have to go with plain black or chrome.

6. Noaita

Noaita

Jun 6, 2003
    Shameless booster guy.
    Send me a pic of your instrument and I can hook you up with some nice knobs.

Roger
    THG Knobs