Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mondo, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Mondo

Mondo Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    St. Augustine Beach
    I really need help!! I would like to know what are the best settings for my Low, Mid, And High knobs on my amp. I play everything from jazz to hard. I am really looking for a setup that i can play both with and not have to change my knobs on my amp. Thanks for reading and the help.

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    You are gonna get a few replies like this, I would guess.

What sounds good to one person may not sound good to another. You have to experiment with the settings and find out what sounds best to YOU. The way I set my EQ might sound like total crap to you, or through your amp/cab setup. Oh, and by the way, filling in your profile might help someone to give you a couple of ideas. Pretty tough when you don't have your amp listed there, or in your thread.

So go plug in your bass, and start playing. Fiddle with different settings till you find YOUR best sound that YOU feel will work for the types of music that you play.;)

3. Mondo, ditto to what Ryan said. One piece of advice I can humbly offer is to establish where you want the bass and treble first, then fool around with the midrange. Turning all/most of the mids off gives either of the basses I'm playing a soft, almost acoustic tone; turn it up, and it good to go for metal.(I don't play metal though) I don't know if anyone can get a perfect sound for all types of music, but, I feel that the mids have the most audible affect. This way you only have to adjust one knob. Also, have you tried any outboard EQs or preamps? They can work wonders.

Mike J.:cool: