1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

::knock knock:: Anyone home?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Hey guys, it's been a LOOONGG time. Like 4-5 years, I think. Anyway, after quite a stint away from here, a discussion today about bizarre instruments reminded me of John Turner's double-neck, which reminded me of this place, so I decided to come back. So, since what I have seen here is a bunch of new people, I'll introduce myself.

I'm Eric (see, it's what my screen name says. wasn't I original?) I'm from Portland, OR. I've been playing since I was 12, and am now 26. I originally joined this site back in early 2000 (dear lord, really?) and was fairly active for a long time, until school and work drug me away. In any event, I worked for the evil empire of Guitar Center for a while, but then quit to finish school. I completed a degree in music technology, and got a job working as a stage hand for the local stage hand's union. I also went back to school, and am about to finish a degree in Criminal Justice, while starting another in Fire Science. Over the summer I now work as a Wildland Firefighter, and am trying very hard to get a job with a local police agency as my career.

So, what all have I missed?:D J/K, though I don't seem to recognize very many names. JT, embellisher, Ryan K, and a couple others, but I think many more have disappeared over the years.

Anyway, I figured that it's time I return from the wild and distant lands of the non-bass world, and revive for a while.

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

2. I'm like the Jar Jar of OT.

edit(JT): fixed

3. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    HEY, how are ya?

4. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    No,no.:smug:

5. No gorilla avatar, no Eric C.

6. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Happy Birthday Hunny!

7. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    just so ya know, eric, username n/a is the loser kid of Off Topic, and is basically an annoying laughingstock that doesn't ever shutup.

I'm IconBasser, nothing special about me, You'll see me around alot, but I'm just another anonymous user and you'll probably forget all about me 5 minutes after reading this.

ah yes, and to spare you some confusion, when people refer to an "eric" on here, they usually mean "Eric618", resident photoshop master with some such degree in something psychology related and proud owner of a fat gerbil named Lemmiwinks that he regularly abuses.

cheerio!

8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Hey man!
    Welcome BACK to TB.

Listen to Iconbasser, and don't talk to username.
    That's about the jist of it.

9. :atoz:

10. Hello, welcome back. I am lowsound. OT is a fun place, maki is quite funny and look for a thread called "Is Atoz the new moshgirl".

lowsound

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    And on that note, say Hey to the new emoticon!!
    :atoz::atoz:

12. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    and read this kid's post, he reminds me of a young me.

13. I am older than you are.

lowsound

14. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Yeah, but I still think you're cool. If i could meet any 3 people of talkbass ide make it Eric618, You, and Fassa.

15. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    Tom Bowlus is still here, making everyone jealous with his mountains of gear. :eek:

Speaking of Mr. B, this is his new thing: http://www.bassgearmag.com/web/

16. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    its true. his collection gets me rock hard.

17. I can see why you would want to meet me and Eric, but why Fassa? She doesn't even exist.

lowsound

18. :atoz:

19. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    I'm real into fighting losers

20. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Hi, nice to meet you. I'm L-A.

On TB I'm not old, no longer new and not really interesting. But I try hard.