Request Knock Yourself Out ( TOP )

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by slagheap, May 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. slagheap

slagheap Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2011
    I saw a transcription years ago, regular notation, but it was bunk. I wore the record grooves flat on this LP when I was a bass newbie.

2. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    Here's my take on this. As you can see I debated between staccato 8th notes and 16th notes in certain places. Is there any standard way of notating this? Also, I'm still not sure about those B chords (e.g. measure 10). It starts off with minor sound, but that D seems to continue for the second half of the measure when Rocco plays the D#. I welcome any thoughts on this.

Attached Files:

3. ChrisDev

ChrisDev Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2009
    Belgium
    Ritter Instruments Team & Owner BassLessons.be
    There isn't a standard way. The most important thing is legibility. Most of your transcription is written the same way I would do it. I had no trouble reading along with the recording. So perfect for me :)

slagheap and LeeNunn like this.
  4. slagheap

Dec 23, 2011
    Exceptionally clean job. Most importantly it's uncluttered. Other versions I've seen are a blizzard of crowded sixteenths - kind of muddy. This one breathes a little. The difficulty in distinguishing between some eighth and sixteenths is probably due to Rocco's muting & the uncanny way he & Garibaldi lock up.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    LeeNunn likes this.
  5. slagheap

Dec 23, 2011
    sounds right, and very playable. having a blast with the transcription.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021