Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

knocking cabs over

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fatrhino, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    Hi, I'm in a screamo/hardcore band and am looking for new cabs. I've decided to go with Avatar because they are cheap and seem to have good reviews. So anyone with Avatars, how solid are they? I usually knock over my stack after each show. How well do you think they will hold up?
    Thanks.

2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    Pull a KISS... get an aggie 1x12 for the tone then go to a pawn shop and buy any cab. recover it how you want. take the speakers out and beat tit to hell. but honestly the thought of destroying equipment makes my stomach hurt so i am gonna go now.

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    they sould be strong enough to do that!!

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'm sorry - but that begs the question...

are you retarded?

5. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    i'm sorry - but that begs the question...

Do you not understand the importance of stage presence?

I bet you just stand still like a dope at a show.

If the music pumps me up enough to go crazy and knock **** over, I don't want to regret it after the high has worn down but of course I can't expect YOU to understand something like that.

6. I think you need to go back to Harmony Central....

moderator, name calling?!!!!!

7. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    But mommy he called me a dufus :( send him to time out.

8. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    Look; when you're not old enough to spill beer all over your stuff, you have to find a way to impress the girls at the teen rec center, right? I mean come on, what's a guy to do? He needs the road ready stuff, not Avatar! Maybe Boogie could use him to "real world punk" test their products! I just hope he gets outa the way.
    Just a thought.

9. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    I know your being sarcastic but actually I have a Mesa 2x15 and it has fell on me before...
    I thought it was pretty funny.

10. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i wasn't necessarily commenting on you knocking over your cabs, more that you'd buy new cabs based on what's best to knock over.

for what it's worth, i jump around like a freak at our shows, but i don't really need to. i can get those +/-1000 people that come to every one of our shows dancing till they puke without even moving anything more than my fingers.

channel your high into your playing instead of knocking stuff over. it will impress more people and save you money in the long run.

all IMNSHO of course. no worries ;)

11. The player who focuses on stage presence over actual musical content will be forgotten a lot sooner. I don't know about you, but I remember bands that play really well and whose riffs and rhythms stay in my head for a much longer time than bands who have "stage presence." Nobody would give a damn about the Who today if Pete Townshend's only claim to fame had been his guitar-smashing.

12. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    Of course I'm being sarcastic! I do think it's funny,though. Did it hurt when the 215 fell on you? That could cause some serious rock scars! Really go get a Kustom. They're padded and won't hurt so bad. Not much more punk than that- cept playing through an old Peavley guitar amp. Super Festival Series are PUNK, MAN!!!!!! Solid state preamp section with a tube power section:confused: Go figgur!
    All in good fun:D

13. And once again, Peter puts it better than I ever could. :)

Truth be told, if you've absolutely got to knock over your cabs after a show.......expect to buy new cabs every once in a while.

14. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    "Truth be told, if you've absolutely got to knock over your cabs after a show.......expect to buy new"

Hence the Avatars

Oh and don't worry about musical content, although I don't agree that you need to be a techincal wizard to be a good performer, I know how to play.

By the way about musicianship and musical content over performance: the best show i've ever was a "the locust" show. These guys were drunk out of their minds, got in fights, barely played their songs, and accidently lit their amps on fire. I guess you have to like that kind of music to understand.

15. That's not a musical event. That's a comedy routine.

16. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    Yep it was funny. I like to be entertained. Thats why in most cases I like performance over musicianship.

17. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    Are you a Yoko On-no fan? How about the Texas Chainsaw Orchestra?

18. Jarrod

Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    i think the reason that everyone find this so amusing and/or lame is the fact that you actually plan out your onstage wackiness... if you get lost in the moment and do something wacky thats one thing... but calculated antics are just trying too hard

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think you should get three 810 cabs and stack one on top of the other. I'm rooting for the gene pool.

20. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    oh cmon, dont go there Mark. no offense, big guy, but you're agedly regressing past than this gent...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.