1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Knockoff CT bass parts

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by frootbooty, Apr 1, 2009.

1. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I purchased this body and neck a few years ago as a project and haven't touched it in about a year. I doubt I'll ever finish it, so I'm letting it go to attend to my other basses. The body is quite interesting. It is not the greatest woodwork but much better than I could do. There are a few noticeable spots where the body wood has been joined together. It is drilled for string through body on the back which I did not use. I stuck some ferrules in the holes to cover them up, but they are a bit loose. It includes a badass II bridge in black and dunlop strap buttons in black. The control cavity route is on the back and is currently covered with a black plastic piece that covers it for the most part but is not a perfect fit. PLEASE NOTE: THE EMG PICKUPS AND KNOBS HAVE BEEN REMOVED AND DO NOT COME WITH THE BODY.
    Now for the neck: It is very nice looking, I believe the board is leopard wood. It has a truss rod installed but honestly I can't say if it works or not. I have tried to adjust it but have not noticed much difference. The neck is pretty fat. It includes no nut and is totally unfinished. It did install Gotoh 2 and 2 tuners in black which I will ship with it. I'll also include the string retainer as well. The fret work is very rudimentary. The ends need filed, the frets need leveled, the excess glue needs removed, dot markers need placed on the side. I suspected the neck was warped, but then when I had the bass fully assembled, I was able to tune it up and even used it one night at a gig. It stayed in tune all night and actually played pretty well for me. I always wanted to make it fretless but had little interest in doing all the work. It had a pretty woody tone to it.
    I'm basically selling the body, badass II bridge, and tuners because I believe the neck has too many problems. I will of course ship the neck along with the bass however.
    Since this is a serious project instrument, it can be yours for the fantastic price of $125 shipped CONUS. The bridge and tuners cost about $110 themselves.
    floorfootballgame031.
    floorfootballgame030.

2. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Bump. Thinking about totally parting it out. If anyone wants the body, bridge, tuners or string retainer, willing to sell all separately make an offer

3. funkbass

funkbass

Dec 9, 2004
    You have a PM.