Know any cool FX for Metal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by -Joch-, Jan 5, 2001.

1. I've been playing bass for about 5 years now, but I've never used any effects, mainly because I havn't found any I've really liked (I've only been trying a few).
    I have to admit that I don't know all that much about them.
    But now I'm thinking about getting some.

So my question is:
    Do you guys know any cool effect-pedals for me to check out. I'm in a band wich mainly plays metal (Soulfly, Slipknot, Korn style).

I really don't know what I'm looking for, I just want some tips about cool effects and then I can check them out myselfe.

Would appreciate some help, THANX!

[Edited by -Joch- on 01-06-2001 at 06:51 AM]
  2. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Since your playin KoRn how fieldy sounds-distortion & possibly an EQ pedal to get the highs more in there for the Fieldy-Slap sound or the clacky clack. SlipKnot-DIstortion/overdrive. SoulFly-i dunno.
  3. Thanx for the help!
    I will check those out.
    Anyone else knows any cool FX?
  4. Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    good to see someone other than me loves mudvayne, I met Ryan (thebassist) at Tattoo The Earth this summer and he was really cool. But anyway, about the effects, I have found that using bass synth and/or voltage controlled filters (S&H on bass pod) are good for strange fill ins. Other than that I might use a phaser or a bit of fuzz from time to time.
  5. Thanx for the tips, i'll check them out!

I want to see Mudvayne too! But I guess it will take them a while to get over to Sweden (Not alot of people knows who they are over here) :(
    And as that wasn't enough, you got to see SlipKnoT too!