Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Know any cool FX for Metal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by -Joch-, Jan 5, 2001.

1. I've been playing bass for about 5 years now, but I've never used any effects, mainly because I havn't found any I've really liked (I've only been trying a few).
    I have to admit that I don't know all that much about them.
    But now I'm thinking about getting some.

So my question is:
    Do you guys know any cool effect-pedals for me to check out. I'm in a band wich mainly plays metal (Soulfly, Slipknot, Korn style).

I really don't know what I'm looking for, I just want some tips about cool effects and then I can check them out myselfe.

Would appreciate some help, THANX!

[Edited by -Joch- on 01-06-2001 at 06:51 AM]

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Since your playin KoRn how fieldy sounds-distortion & possibly an EQ pedal to get the highs more in there for the Fieldy-Slap sound or the clacky clack. SlipKnot-DIstortion/overdrive. SoulFly-i dunno.

3. Thanx for the help!
    I will check those out.
    Anyone else knows any cool FX?

4. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    good to see someone other than me loves mudvayne, I met Ryan (thebassist) at Tattoo The Earth this summer and he was really cool. But anyway, about the effects, I have found that using bass synth and/or voltage controlled filters (S&H on bass pod) are good for strange fill ins. Other than that I might use a phaser or a bit of fuzz from time to time.

5. Thanx for the tips, i'll check them out!

I want to see Mudvayne too! But I guess it will take them a while to get over to Sweden (Not alot of people knows who they are over here) :(
    And as that wasn't enough, you got to see SlipKnoT too!