1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Know anything about Chafin Basses? Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dgce, Mar 16, 2010.

1. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on this bass. However I know nothing about Chafin basses. My online research has only led me to Chafin Guitars. This builder is bassed in Florida and builds some pretty snazzy guitars. I can only presume this bass is a one-off because there were no basses on his site. I'm probably going to email him directly for the scoop but I thought I'd post this question on TB first to get a less biased opinion. Chafin, cool or crap?

Thanks!

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Figured top, 5 piece bolt on, string thru. Even if you have to change pups, I'll go with 'cool'. You didn't say if it was $300 or $3000 though.

3. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    Looks good, but "depends on the price".

If it's below $600 or so, I'd snag it and see.

4. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    They're asking for just under $1,000 ($995 or something like that). If its really a U.S., custom made bass its a reasonable price but definitely not cheap. I'd feel a lot safer with a Carvin SB but this bass really intrigues me.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020