Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Know what kicks ass? This "Tool" CD...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SpankBass, Sep 23, 2002.

1. A friend of mine just copied me a Tool CD. but this is no ordinary Tool CD, it is some people on classical instruments doing Tool covers! Kinda like that one band that did Metallica covers on cellos.

But yeah, everyone should get one. If you don't have one, you better be dead, or in jail, and if you're in jail, break out!

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    know what kicks ass even more? _paying_ for a kick ass cd so that those responsible for putting the cd together get some compensation for their work and can do more similar projects, as opposed to going to work in a factory.

;)

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    H'RUMPH!!! H'RUMPH!!!!

4. it's called Third Eye Open. I have it in my CD carrying case. When i need Toolage, but my grandmas in the car, i just pop that baby in.

5. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=60091

take JT's own advice and ignore his trolling, please. :D

6. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    who's trolling? is advocating fair compensation for musicians trolling? you're still in college, right? ;)

7. yes, it is trolling, because it takes the thread off track. neither of us like threads that turn into an argument that is unrelated to the point of the original post. if you want to talk about copying music or downloading mp3s or whatever, go ahead and start your own thread about it, by all means. and let spankbass talk about his Tool CD here.

i'll be deleting any further off topic posts in this'n. just to let you guys know.

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga