Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Know your style

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cloudnine, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudnine

cloudnine

Jan 18, 2002
    Pennsylvania
    This sounds corny and maybe like I don’t know what I am saying but if you want to know how to rock faster, keep up with your band or get into to your music and max creativity then read what I have to say. For me getting into the mood of the band and keeping in touch with the vibes your putting out helps.If you play extremely fast music. Start living your life fast. Wake up in the middle of the night run into the bathroom. Splash your face with cold water. Run halfway down your street in your boxers. Ring a doorbell and then run home and go to bed. If that’s the lifestyle your singing about living then live it. Do the things you sing about doing or wanting to do. Get to know the other guys in the band and try to get a good idea of how they live their lives. I let my musical influences influence my whole life. Think of Rancid. If you listen to their lyrics on their earlier CDs they are singing about being hungry, poor and not knowing where they are going to sleep that night. With that thought this quote came to mind.. “It’s always good to be a little bit hungry and a little bit cold.” – Margaret Thatcher (ex-prime minister of England). As Rancid got more popular, got more publicity and moved from the streets of New York to the mansion or penthouse that they could finally afford, their creativity headed down the drain. IMO Rancid’s CDs got progressively worse after And out come the wolves. After the fame that they apparently couldn’t handle was destroyed by their pathetic attempt at a new album Life won’t wait they made another pathetic attempt. This time they tried to please their old fans by making a “harder album”. They put a skull with crossbones on the front and on the CD a mix of some of the worst and most fraudulently angry songs I have ever heard in my short 16 years. The problem with the CD wasn’t that they had lost all musical ability. The problem was that they didn’t have two things. One being genuine anger and the other beings things to sing about. They weren’t poor anymore, hungry, cold or angry. They were doing the biggest taboo of punk rock IMO. They were trying to please fans. Screw that. They would be better of making brassy ska crap like on Life won’t wait instead of trying to go back in time to when they had creative ability. Sorry if I went off on a tangent but I couldn’t help letting my thoughts out into this post. Thanks to anyone who bothered reading this.
    -Erik Taylor of Cloud Nine

2. you are incorrect, as rancid's last album is quite good. better luck next time, though.

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    This will be rocking faster in MISCELLANEOUS.

4. cloudnine

cloudnine

Jan 18, 2002
    Pennsylvania
    Their last CD sucks horribly.

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    All their albums sucked.

tee-hee
    :D :D :D :D :D

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    [​IMG]

:D

7. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I actually like both Life Won´t Wait and their last cd.

8. blh blah blah PUNK blah blah blah ANGRY blah blah blah POOR blah blah blah ANARCHY blah blah blah POSERS

I am so sick of hearing ANY PUNK AT ALL THEY ARE ALL POSERS NONE OF THEM ARE POOR ANYMORE so they can all shutup now and for the most part punk music is just 3 chords over and over again

9. you are an enemy of art and i pity your ignorance.

guess the reference, win a prize!

10. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    What ever happened to "to each his own"? :confused:

11. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Can you get any more ignorant or stereotypical?
    Matt Freeman could make you look like a little kid in a guitar shop.Listen to "axiom" or "maxwell murder" and then come tell me punk is simple.

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Not in this Forum. Don't even think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.