Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Knucklehead Stings anyone?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Nazman, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I bought about a half-dozen sets of their electric guitar strings to give away to friends as a gag gift.

I made the mistake of actually using a set on one of my guitars. They sounded OK at first, but quickly died. They didn't feel so good, either. IMO, their electric guitar strings are crap. I have no experience with their bass strings.

I do think their website and marketing are hilarious! I might buy a set of bass strings just for the packaging, but I'll never use them...

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Just bought a pair at my local shop. Pretty cheap, and the counter guy claimed they're made by Dean Markley. Dunno if that's true, but there you have it. They were pretty cheap (actually, really cheap. $25+tax), and the guages were right up my alley, so I threw down. It's the "Chunky' set .050, .07, .095, .110, so they're the beefy 4 banger set.

Just put them on my Stingray, and we'll see what happens. I'm actually terrible with strings (this is the first set I've purchased in about three years), so I can't tell you what they sound like. Right now, they sound like new strings. I dislike the new string sound, and prefer them about a month dead or better.

So far, though, the quality feels good, and the price is nice. See how time treats them.

4. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Once again I am reviving a dead thread. I have been using Knuckleheads and really enjoy the sound and the feel of them. So much so, that I actually have an endorsement deal with them. I used Rotosounds for the majority of my bass playing career, but I LOVE The KH "Fattys" a lot. The rotosounds are great, don't get me wrong. But the KH are cleaner, and sound brighter.If you don 't like the "dead string" sound, the KH's are right up your alley. I honestly think you all should check them out.