Kobe's charges dropped.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Told you that chick just wanted some Kobe beef. And some money.
  2. Annnnd the morale of the story "If you are rich and famous, everything is legal"

What were her charges again? I know they had sex, but that was the extent of my attention span.
  3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I figured the civil suit would happen from day 1, even though they claimed "hey she doesnt want money she just wants justice!"

When the prosecution doesn't want all of the evidence allowed in the trial, you know something is wrong. Seems to me (like it did for awhile) that they just wanted a conviction and not justice.
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Yeah, I guess she couldn't wait to get to the money part. I think rape should be a death penalty crime, but it's hard to feel bad for a victim that brags about the size of her attacker's "endowment" at a party. :scowl:
  5. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    And one that wears the nasty panties to a rape exam some time later! Oh she forgot to change them, AND wash her butt!
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey man, in this country you're innocent until proven guilty unless you're OJ. This chick never proved anything except that they did have sex and in fact there was a lot of evidence that it was consensual. Just another psychobiatch that wanted to cash in.

brad cook
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    This incident is going to cost Kobe WAAAAY more than whatever he has to pay her. I mean he's certainly not going to be poor but he's pretty much lost his 50 million a year in endorsements and the chances of him picking those back up is slim to none IMO. That's a lot of money over the span of a career. So I guess in a way she did win because she's costing him hundreds of millions of dollars ultimately.

brad cook
  8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    isn't claiming a false rape crime?
  9. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Of....course. But at the same token it's sad and horrible that kuniving little girls out there understand this also and use it to their advantage for money or revenge ON A DAILY BASIS. When is a man going to be believed if he says "Yup, her right there...SHE raped me." He won't because society accepts in general that a man is in physical control of the situation. My point is I have a dear friend in LA county twin towers right now that is finally being released next week due to the negative DNA test results. He's been in there since January, lost his job, apartment, and didn't get to be the best man at his brother's wedding. His life is pretty much ruined.
  10. I saw The Weekly World News this morning. OJ was slipped the "Pinocchio Drug," and when he said that he didn't know who killed Ron and Nicole and that it, in fact, looked like a double suicide, OJ's nose grew out to over 5", longer than a "jumbo clothespin." :D

The best news. Only.

Even tops the Onion.
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Nor do actual rapes diminish the horror of someone ruining another person's life by falsely accusing them of rape, which happens A LOT.

brad cook
  12. Physical violation vs. tarnished reputation?
  13. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    The biggest question I have in all of this that has yet to be answered is - Why? Kobe's wife is HOT. We don't know if he raped this girl, but we do know that they had sex. Again. My question is WHY?
  14. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Because he can.
  15. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I doubt anyone is having trouble remembering that.
  16. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Let's also not forget her alleged mental instability(suicide attempts) and some of her friends claiming that she was going to give them presents and cash when she "got her money."

Hmmm.... let's see, the criminal case was too grueling to pursue, but the civil case is not? Come on! $$$$???

Kobe should just pay her off and make her sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Kobe is no angel, but she sounds like a Star-Fkr with $$$ signs in her eyes to me.
  17. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wasn't that Bill Clinton's stated reason for getting a hummer from Monica in the Oval Office? ;)
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    This is some good news. Looks like the prosecutors finally came to their senses, and so did the accuser. I think I mentioned in the thread about this when it first came up that I felt he was innocent.

I feel sad for the prosecutor dude who tried his best to get a conviction. He looks kinda silly now.

19. Yeah. I was expecting a big intricate excuse...then he off and goes "Because I could" :D
  20. ...

Aug 30, 2004
    about time