1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kolstein Grand Panormo

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Ike Harris, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    I have for sale a 2001 Kolstein Grand Panormo model string bass I commissioned Barrie to make for me upon trying one at the ISB convention that year. It has been completely trouble free for me and is a great instrument for a graduate student or pro. I tend to baby my fiddles so it's in great shape and equally at home playing classical or jazz. You might consider it an orchestral "audition" level bass although there are several out there serving in major bass sections. It's a small 7/8 and has plenty of volume, projects well, and plays nice and even. The dimensions are:

Overall body length: 46 1/4 in.
    Width at the upper bout: 20 1/4 in.
    Width at the center bout: 15 in.
    Width at the lower bout: 26 5/8 in.
    Mensure (string length): 41 3/4 in.

I'm selling to get back into a vintage type bass and will miss having this one to draw upon to use in my work. These aren't the imported kind that they finish in the shop, they are made from scratch in NY from well-aged spruce and maple, expertly varnished with a vintage look in mind. The price is 16K which I believe is at least 1K less than new and has had a few years playing in for you. Includes the famous Kolstein adjustable bridge and compensating tailpiece, and a Mooradian bag.

Here's a slideshow of all the pics:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a286/basstuba/Kolstein Grand Panormo/
    Ike

2. b1644

b1644

Aug 24, 2005
    Northern Ontario
    I tried the link but it didn't work.

- Martin V.

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That's a beauty...love the back.

4. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    Yeah, I told Barrie I liked flame and he made a great selection. Also an unusual figured neck which is nice and comfy. Somebody's gonna get a great bass.

Ike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.