Kolstein Heritage

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by LaFaroBass, Apr 2, 2005.

1. I currently have Eudoxa's on my A,D, and G with a superflexible on the E and I need to replace the strings. In light of how expensive these strings (eudoxa) are I wanted to try Kolstein's new synth string the Heritage. Anyone try them? How do they sound compared to gut and are they alot thinner than the eudoxas? Supposedly they don't role under the bow like obligatos and they sound amazing. Too good to be true? Any feedback is appreciated!

Joe :bassist:
  2. JAS

Jul 3, 2001
    LaFaro Bass,
    I sent you a PM and an email about a set of Kolsteins I am selling that are basically brand new. I thought they sounded much better than the obligatos for pizz and arco. They had a much more focused sound with more character.
  3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    I think I'm gonna try the Heritage next string change. I like the Oblis, but I sometimes feel like I'm working really hard to get the E string to speak.

After that....I'll probably be back to Spiros :D
  4. JAS

Jul 3, 2001
    I thought the Kolsteins responded better on my Kay than Spirocores ever did. They had more clarity and focus and even more sustain than Spirocores on my bass. They were about the same thickness as Obligatos. I took them off right away only because the G was thinner than I wanted. That is not to say it was "thin." It was about the same as Obligatos, but I have just come to like a thicker G string. I still have this set - if anyone wants them PM me.