1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Kolstein Shop Bass

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Pcocobass, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Pcocobass

Jun 16, 2005
    New York
    Okay, guys. Here's the deal. I'm moving very soon to a smaller place and I don't have enough room to keep all my bass stuff. So I need to sell my Kolstein bass.

Here's the details:

2002 3/4 Gamba shaped round back model. It was roughed in Europe and completed in Kolstein's shop in Baldwin. It's a beautiful bass with a beautiful sound. I will also include a Kolstien padded cover, quiver, and bib. The cover has a few slight tears but works very well.

I also had a German made endpin installed and rubber stoppers installed by my man Jeff Bollbach.

I've used this bass for jazz and classical gigs and it will handle any situation very well. Part of the reason I'm selling it is that I'm using my Kay primarily for my jazz gigs now, and it doesn't need as much TLC as the carved bass, so I don't mind heaving it into my car or on a train or whatever. Also, the Kolstein sounds amazing for solo classical repertoire (I did a performance of the Dragonetti concerto with it) but I'm not really playing any classical right now, so I technically can do without it.

Here's the price, which I've lowered: ;)

Please email me if you have any questions. You can check out some pictures at www.pcocobass.myphotoalbum.com.

I will not ship it - you must pick it up if you want it. I live in Valley Stream on Long Island, right outside of Queens.

2. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Does this price included the Beethoven tie?
  3. Pcocobass

Jun 16, 2005
    New York
    I was asked that already. :D Obviously a tie that stylish cannot be parted with so easily... But I will give you that shirt if you want it... ;)