Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

konnichiwa .....from JAPAN!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by shuriken, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Greetings everyone. First, I gotta say, this site is very cool and thanks to all the
    I’ve found a lot of helpful advice.
    Anyway, I’m originally from Australia, but now living in Nagoya, Japan. I’m working there and playing in an original band on weekends. I’ve been playing bass for about 20 years, and played in quite a few original and covers bands. I’ve done everything from metal, hard rock, blues, funk, acid jazz and everything else. My favourite is playing rock, in its many forms.
    There is a lot of music going on over here, Japan is the second biggest market after the U.S. There are also a lot of good music shops and a big selection of stuff available. Equipment is cheaper here than in Australia, but not as cheap as the U.S. except for possibly Fender Japan and other Japanese brands.
    Anyway, this site rocks, cheers everyone!
    shuriken:ninja:

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Welcome!
    It's been a dream of mine to goto Japan. Since I was 6.

A bit off topic, but can you tell me...

1) The Keyboards. Is it true that you need to press like..2 buttons at once to make one symbol? (Maybe include some pics?)

2) Do you see this fourm in Japanese? Or...English? (You bring from Australia)

Thanks, and welcome!

-Mark

3. joninjapan

joninjapan

Aug 13, 2003
    Tokyo, Japan
    Welcome to the Jungle...

..wait you're in Kansai, that's the nice place. I live in the Jungle.

4. Bigby wolf

Bigby wolf

May 4, 2009
    I lived in Misawa for 3 and a half years as a kid. Welcome ^-^

5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Wow - necro thread!

(bigby, he's been here longer than you)