Kool bass I saw today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lamborghini98, Dec 29, 2005.

1. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Today, waiting for the ferry to go to the NYC mini GTG (which I didnt end up going to : /), I saw two people. One guy was carrying a double bass case and the other an electric bass case which said "M Basses" on it. So I walked up to him and made small talk and asked about his bass. I didnt get to ask too much about it.. but DAAAMMMNNN. Apparently it was a featured bass in Bass Player magazine. Quilted Maple top and bindings.. didn't ask much else about it. Anyone know anything about it? It turns out the kid was from Washington DC. I dont really know why I saw him on the Staten Island Ferry.

P.S. I did direct them to go to the GTG.. so maybe that makes it better that I, myself didnt attend? Plus I had a hot date :bassist:
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    M Basses is run out of Connecticut by a guy named Jon Maghini. He's a member of TB- I've never met him, but he seems like a very nice guy from the emails I've exchanged with him. Anthony Wellington plays a seven-string MBass.
  3. jeffbassguy

jeffbassguy "Less is more, unless the guitarist sucks" Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2001
    i live one town over from jon and i had him make me a fretless 5 a couple years back....he is the nicest guy and makes the most beautifully detailed instruments