1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Korea in the news

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NickTej22, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    It's been all over my news that north Korea is sending more nuke threats than normal lately, and after their recent testing, I'm a little nervous. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    My thoughts are this thread will soon get nuked :)

3. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't know, but it seems like Dennis Rodman is on our side negotiating peace with Kim Jong Un. Has anyone seen this? So bizarre.

rodman-north-korea.

4. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    No thanks to you for inciting it, of course. :rolleyes:

5. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Maybe all it really takes is guy like Rodman to turn that country around.
    Who would have guessed?

6. Kim has to look hard for his military. It's mere grandstanding. Any nuke on the US, or its' territories, allies, or interests is likely to be met with overwhelming response that would serve to annihilate North Korea.

7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Dont be.

8. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I love Korean Food! Especially the BBQ!

9. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    DPRK makes threats every day. No gravity. At worst they can attack S. Korea w/ mediocre firepower but they'd be decimated by S. Korea/USA retaliation. Decimated.
    As much as I oppose war I'd be happy with the removal of DPRK regime & reunification. There's really only one Korea.

10. had to watch the news calling Rodman's visit, disgusting and pointless and saying that he has no right because they are a country that is openly hostile towards the US

5 minutes later they are talking about John Kerry going to Iran and how it's the right thing to do

I find this ridiculous. Iran is also openly hostile. but some how John Kerry > Dennis Rodman?

11. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Yes.

12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

You live in Florida and yet find time to feel nervous about North Korea?
    How long since continental USA were attacked by a foreign country? 200 years?

13. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I'm also a fan of Korean Cinema. If you haven't seen these, here are some great Korean movies.

- Oldboy

- I'm a Cyborg But That's Okay

- Castaway On The Moon

- Brotherhood of War

- Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring

14. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Rodman went there to hang out and be buddy-buddy with Kim. Do you seriously think Kerry's going to Iran for anything remotely like that?

15. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Sense of humour bypass, sir ? :)

16. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The obvious goal is to get his belly full of falafels, koresh and nan tabrizi.

17. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Normally when people make threats against the US we target them with a drone. A nuclear threat is a pretty serious one, where's the drones?

18. and yet he gave the possibility of an open dialogue with north korea where one hadn't existed before.

if we had put rodman in a suit and told you he worked for the government would it then be more palatable?

19. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Anytime there are talks of nuclear war, anybody in the world would be smart not to take it lightly. Additionally, China would most likely get involved in some way if something were to happen in Korea, and that is definitely something to take seriously, regardless if you are on the continent or not.

20. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Does this imply that China would be on their side?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.