1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Korean Jazz Bass upgraded pick-up

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DrOlds, Nov 12, 2017.

1. DrOlds

DrOlds

Nov 12, 2017
    New to this site, so here goes. I am knowledgeable about electronic repairs stemming from a lifetime of automotive and vintage motorcycle restorations. I have successfully repaired vintage tube stereo & transistor components for several years now.

So I just obtained a very nice condition Korean Jazz Bass (E926114) and would like to upgrade the pick-ups to the "Fender Custom Shop 60's Jazz Bass Pick Ups." The bass is kind of heavy but the neck is straight and it sounds nice so......here we go. I had the pure pleasure of playing a very nice mid-60's (actual year unknown) Jazz Bass and would like to get back to that sound. The American Standards I tried are close and the road worn series did no do it for me.

Fender Fender Custom Shop Custom ’60s Jazz Bass Pickups, (2)

Now for the questions (1) the control pots are fine and are not scratchy or have drop out spots. Do I need / will it benefit to changing the pots as well as the pick-up? (2) are there any changes to the resistors or capacitors (I have not removed the control plate) so this is kind of like ... if there are any type thing?